Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hate Mongering

If anyone out there actually reads this blog and is affiliated with DePauw, I want you to know that our community is being violated by purveyors of vicious hate speech. The Westboro Baptist Church, famous for protesting military funerals becaus "God hates fags," is apparently planning on showing up at DePauw on Saturday night. From what I understand, it seems as if some students are putting on a production of "The Laramie Project," and these Christianists aren't happy about it. I ask that if any of you are willing and able that you make the trek out to Greencastle to support the students and show these interlopers how you feel about them.

On a more personal level, I feel so very violated by this. I never would have thought this would be so personal. But DePauw is such a very special place to me, the place that mad me feel comfortable enough to come out, I fee like I want to scream. I know it's not the most productive thing to do, but It's all I've got available out here in Muncie. SO MUCH RAGE.

No comments:

Post a Comment