Thursday, February 18, 2010

It's Been a While

I know I know...I'm a terrible blogger. But whatever. I wasn't able to get out to Greencastle last week due to the inclement weather, so there really wasn't anything to talk about.

To be honest, there's not much to say this week, either. I mostly just did research on learning communities, and discovered that Greek chapters on DePauw's campus might actually fit some of the definitions that are used. However, they don't meet the most comprehensive definition I found because there is no academic component of Greek life to speak of. I think we'll be able to get there, and the work I'm doing on the faculty advisor position will (hopefully) be a part of that. There are also some skill development areas that the literature addresses that we'll need to look at, and getting alumni to recommit to the idea of self-governance for their chapters.

On the horizon, I'm going to start working with the coordinator of LGBT services to put in place a safe zone project, and I'm also going to start looking at some of the assessment data from this year's rush. Oh joy.

I'll close with a question that a Black Foot asked me at lunch yesterday: what is Sigma Nu's purpose on campus? I think this question is fundamental, and every organization should be able to answer it. So...what purpose does YOUR organization serve?

No comments:

Post a Comment